Hump Day Recap October 29, 2014
This week, I decided to try to
How are these things going?
- I’m actually thankful for this blog because it’s keeping me on task for this one. There are cookies in the house for goodness sake, and I didn’t eat any on Monday! Homemade sugar cookies with cream cheese icing. I hope you understand the magnitude of this one! Now, granted, Friday was my first day being dessert free. I had some cookie dough on Saturday, and I ate some cookies on Sunday. However, I planned ahead for it. I made the decision to go ahead and do it. I didn’t just cave in the cravings or eat the cookies just because they were there. This is a big step for me since normally I just eat them up to get them out of the house. 🙂 Still, there’s work to do in this area because my days without dessert are still difficult. I’m addicted to sugar!
- It’s pretty disgraceful how poorly I’m doing at this. I don’t know what the problem is, but I am so distracted at meal time it seems. I guess two kids will do that to you. Perhaps it’s time to get them involved in the mealtime prayer as well. Being a good influence on children can be a good motivator. Time to give it a try! I think we’ll try a simple child’s prayer:
Thank you for the world so sweet,
Thank you for the food we eat.
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you God for everything.
I like this because as a friend of mine recently shared this on Facebook:
And I think that little children’s prayer thanking God for everything, not just food, gets us closer to the task of thanking God at all times for everything.
UPDATE ON PREVIOUS WEEK:
Last week, I resolved to try to
- Prepare for the 21-Day Tummy diet by trying new recipes and stocking the kitchen
- Pay for things only with cash, using the cash envelope system
- Remind myself that by believing and trusting in God, I always have enough
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning
How are these things going?
- I’m still trying new recipes, but I haven’t stocked the kitchen any further. This has to be the week, though, because Monday is the day. Honestly, I’m having second thoughts about this diet. The food for it seems to be a bit pricey. We’ll see. For now, I think I’m just going to commit to Phase 1/the first 5 days of the plan.
- This is going better. Of course, we just started the pay period. It’s easy to do when the envelopes are full! I found a convenient ATM, which helped fill the envelopes in a timely manner and helped us avoiding resorting to plastic.
- This has been a rough week. I get so irritable when I don’t sleep well, and some little toddler has had a few rough nights. I’m alive, and I’m thankful, though, because I’m surviving.
- A perfect week for this one. Like I said, easiest one if I can just get into the habit, and I think it’s there now—so check this one off the list!
Leave a comment to share your progress–good or bad!
- 1,363 hits